Professional Christian Counseling
Counselworx Certified Counselors
Counselworx Certified Counselors have gone above and beyond both state and personal educational requirements to achieve the highest standards of counseling competency and quality of care possible, by receiving specialized training in the following areas, and by demonstrating competency and proficiency in the use of these Counselworx models.
In addition to becoming active members of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) and to adhering to the Counselworx Mission, Counselworx Certified Counselors have demonstrated competency and proficiency in presenting all of the following counseling models that are unique to only Counselworx Counselors:
Using the Model of Perceptions, Counselworx Certified Counselors are capable of using this model to graphically communicate how the mind and body interact to produce:
- Conscious/Subconscious Analytical thought
- Neurotransmitter causing emotions
- A Filter that "magnifies" or "minimizes" conclusions
Working backwards through the Model of Perceptions, Counselworx Certified Counselors are able to demonstrate how depression occurs and how changes in self judgment allow clients to overcome it.
Using the Threats Model, Counselworx Certified Counselors have demonstrated competency in illustrating the various extremes of Fight, Flight or Freeze including:
- "The Healthy Pathway"
- The 3 pathways of dysfunction
- Effects of stress, cortisol and adrenal production
- The importance of communication in relationships
Romantic Relationship Dynamics
Using the "Genesis 2:24 Cycle of Marital Intimacy" Counselworx Certified Counselors are able to graphically articulate:
- What men and women tend to seek from romantic relationships
- How safety valves operate and what God designed for them to do
- The WNPS Sub-Cycle
- The major dysfunctions that people choose in response to strained relationships
- The purpose of pressure relief valves
- The 3 Components of the Energized Cycle of Intimacy
The Observational Model of Communication
Using the Observational Model of Communication, Counselworx Certified Counselors are able to demonstrate:
- The superiority of Observational Communication over other models such as Speaker-Listener, "I" Statements and X,Y,Z Statements
- Gender-based brain differences that influence thinking, behavior and conversational styles
Psychological and Relationship Healing
Using the Grief-Mapping and U.S. 40 Models
The Counselworx Mission
To provide our clients with the highest quality; Holy Spirit-inspired; God-honoring and compassionate counseling that is missional in purpose as well as highly professional and ethical in practice.
Are you a counselor who personifies the high Counselworx professional standards and ideals? If so we want to hear from you.